CC3000 wifi web hosting?

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ssylca

CC3000 wifi web hosting?

Post by ssylca »

I am having some trouble to get my wifi shield to send data to my PC. The shield connects fine with my home network, but I am not sure how to get it to send data to a website. The Arduino is reading temperature & H2O, and I just would like this info to be sent to my Windows 8 desk top PC, nothing fancy, just a simple display. Can someone help?
Many thanks!

Franklin97355

Re: CC3000 wifi web hosting?

Post by Franklin97355 »

Do you have a web server set up on your pc? How do you plan to use the data on the pc, display it in a web page or what? The cc3000 can send data to an IP but that computer must know what to do with it.

ssylca

Post by ssylca »

Thank you Franklin, no I don't have a web server yet, could you suggest one? (free) I would just like to display some local weather info onto a web page, I have made an Arduino based weather station that monitors, temp., humidity, light, atmos press. and rain fall.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

I have made an Arduino based weather station that monitors, temp., humidity, light, atmos press. and rain fall.
I'd like to see what you came up with there, have you posted that anywhere? For the webserver I'd recommend Apache as it has a long life and fairly good documentation but others may have ideas too.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”