Data logging shield by adafruit

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wadevva

Data logging shield by adafruit

Post by wadevva »

Hello,

I am doing my school project which require me to log data of force, they only allow me to use the version of arduino that they have which is MEGA ADK R2. At first, I bought a simple SD card reader from LC but was not working and somehow it dosen't work. Therefore, I read through the website and understand that adafruit provides the data logging shield but does not support ADK and Mega r2. Can I know why is this so? Is it because of the SDA, SCL and IOREF pin? What if I do not need these pins? Or does the shield need those pins to be connected?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Data logging shield by adafruit

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The SDA/SCL pins are different and are needed for access to the real-time-clock for timing. Also, the SPI pins are different and are needed to talk to the SD card.

We have a library that lets you work around the SPI issue with "software-spi". To get the real-time-clock to work, you will need to solder some jumpers from the shield to the corresponding pins on the Mega.

It can be done. it just won't work 'out-of-the-box'.

wadevva

Post by wadevva »

Can I know where can I get the SPI lib?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The links and instructions can be found on this page of the tutorial: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-data ... d-leonardo

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”