Motor Shield + NRF24L01

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tribun

Motor Shield + NRF24L01

Post by tribun »

Hey,
I am Using an Arduino Uno and the Motor Shield v2.0. Now I attached a nrf24l01+ to the shield and thought it would work like without the shield between, but it doesnt.

Now I figured out that the shield uses SPI (?) to communicate with the board. And the nrf24l01+ thing also uses SPI (Pins 13,12,11). So may be this is the problem? That both are using the same lines?
I feel very bad that I don't understand whats going on and how SPI works.. so please excuse my newby question, but:
Can someone please explain if SPI is the problem?
And what I can do to get both to work?

Kind regards
Patrick

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Motor Shield + NRF24L01

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Now I figured out that the shield uses SPI (?) to communicate with the board. And the nrf24l01+ thing also uses SPI (Pins 13,12,11).
The V2 board does not use SPI. It does not use pins 11, 12 or 13 for anything. These are passed straight-through in the headers.

Please post a photo of your setup.

tribun

Post by tribun »

Ok, I took fotos which are hopefully attached to this post..

I tested the lines and tested also that there is no connection to one another.

The software seems ok since when I connect the exact same Transmitter direktly to the Arduino without the shield it is working (I had to change the CE-Pin to 6, instead of 8).

But even though everything else (which you can see in the picture) is disconnected, I got only the first package sent. The next attemt to call Mirf.send() it hangs forever.

What is wrong? Is any of those PINs not usable within the Motor Shield v2? Please help me...
Attachments
plehnen-setup2.jpg
plehnen-setup2.jpg (709.5 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
plehnen-setup1.jpg
plehnen-setup1.jpg (209.64 KiB) Viewed 1430 times

adafruit_support_bill

None of those pins (other than the GND pin) are used by the shield. If one packet is getting through, then you are obviously talking to the RF card. You may have an intermittent solder joint somewhere or possibly some RF interference from the PWM. Post the code you are using and a photo of the back-side of the board.

tribun

Post by tribun »

you are my hero!
"intermittent solder joint" was the right suggestion. After reading that, and with the information that it SHOULD work like this, I re-soldered the connections and voilá - now it works.
thank you very much! :)

AbdElhalimWahid

Post by AbdElhalimWahid »

ImageHey there,
Glade your problem solved.
I want to build arduino car with l293d shield( the one its image attached) and nrf24l01 module, I really need help with the code. So If you have an idea how to build it I will be grateful.

adafruit_support_bill

@AbdElhalimWahid - That is a Sunfounder shield. Sunfounder should be able to assist you with any technical questions.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”