File Transfer from CC300 Shield with SD Card

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
garyvdg

File Transfer from CC300 Shield with SD Card

Post by garyvdg »

I would appreciate some suggestions on what is the easiest way to transfer an actual data file from the micro SD card on the CC3000 WIFI shield to my computer over my home network.
I use the SD card to log data collected on the ADC inputs and would like to transfer the actual *.CSV or *.TXT file directly and wirelessly to my computer, i.e., not with the serial (USB) port of by data transfer. I would like to be able to receive the file as is, for further processing in an other application.
Thanks.

Franklin97355

Re: File Transfer from CC300 Shield with SD Card

Post by Franklin97355 »

What program will you be using on the pc to receive the file?

garyvdg

Post by garyvdg »

franklin97355 wrote:What program will you be using on the pc to receive the file?
Ultimately I would like to import the file to something like MicroSoft Excel, but as far as what program to receive it on to the pc (or mac), I guess that's part of my question. I am hoping for something readily available and easy to interface with the WIFI transfer.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The simplest option involves running a webserver with a page that supports file uploads on your desktop computer. The CC3000 can connect to that and send the file with a POST request.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”