motor shield V2 PCB question

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
longboard

motor shield V2 PCB question

Post by longboard »

I just purchased the motor shield V2. Its works well however there is a series of 6 (2x3) plated holes in the PCB just above the M4 connector. The 2x3 hole pattern that I am referring to is just the right of the silk screen wording "2 steppers or 4 DC motors 1.2A per motor". This 2x3 hole pattern lines up with the Arduino Uno's ICSP connector. Is the purpose of this 2x3 hole pattern to allow access to the ICSP connector on the Uno when the motor shield is connected? This would be very handy for my application and I just want to confirm that there is no electrical connection between this 2x3 hole pattern and the rest of the motor shield V2 board. If so I will plan on using this hole pattern to gain access to the Uno's ICSP connector when the motor shield is mounted on top of the Uno. If there is a pdf version of the layout available for the motor shield V2 I should be able to determine what this 2x3 hole pattern is for. Thank you.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: motor shield V2 PCB question

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Yes. The 2x3 hole pattern is for an ICSP header-extension. It has no other connection to the shield circuitry.

longboard

Re: motor shield V2 PCB question

Post by longboard »

Ok That is good news! Thank you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”