How do you interface MATLAB with an Adafruit V2 motor shield

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MatthewHinton

How do you interface MATLAB with an Adafruit V2 motor shield

Post by MatthewHinton »

I am attempting to interface the Adafruit V2 motor shield with Matlab so that I can write a program to run two stepper motors for a class project. However, whenever I attempt to interface the motor_V2 code provided in the MATLAB Support Package for Arduino I receive the following error:

Error using arduino (line 101) Connection unsuccessful, please make sure that the Arduino is powered on, running either srv.pde, adiosrv.pde or mororsrv.pde, and that the board is connected to the indicated serial port. You might also try to unplug and re-plug the USB cable before attempting a reconnection.

I have tested out my arduino set up and it runs just fine with the examples provided with the V2 motor shield, so I know that it is not a hardware problem or a problem with the adafruit motor shield library. I have also reset the COM port several times and verified that the all of the other .pde programs for Matlab / arduino communication load without any trouble at all.

I am kind of at my wits end with this error, I have scoured the internet to the best of my ability, but have been unable to find a clear answer as to what would cause this error to occur.

I have found several postings where people have run into issues with the V2 motor shield and Matlab due to a compatibility issue when the V2 first came out. However, since the MATLAB Support Package for Arduino has a specific .pde for the V2 shield I would have thought that the issue had been resolved.

I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get in resolving this issue. I would hate to have to scrap the V2 motor shield that I have and try to track down the old version just because of a programming issue.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: How do you interface MATLAB with an Adafruit V2 motor sh

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We are not Matlab experts here. From the error message, it sounds like a communication problem between Matlab and the .pde you are running. We can help you out with shield issues, but this seems to be a question for the folks at MathWorks.

MatthewHinton

Re: How do you interface MATLAB with an Adafruit V2 motor sh

Post by MatthewHinton »

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”