Motor Shield v1 with Due

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nicoj10

Motor Shield v1 with Due

Post by nicoj10 »

Hi,
i was asking myself if i could use the V1 with my Due. Since the Due only supports V3.3 i thought i could use two DC supplies to power the Arduino and the motor shield. Is there a way to make this work? Because with my uno i can't controll the bluetooth module (because of the missing pins) that i wanted to use for the RC car i am building and that would be a core part of it.
Thanks in advance
Nico

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Motor Shield v1 with Due

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The V1 motor shield has some hardware dependencies. The library has never been ported to the Due. I'm not even sure if it could be made to work.
The V2 Motor Shield will work with the Due.

nicoj10

Post by nicoj10 »

That's a shame, because i didn't think of the problem with the missing pins and bought the V1 on ebay, because the V2 isn't available. It would be cool if you could port the library in the future, because users of the V1 would appreciate that.
But thanks for your reply.
Greets Nico

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That's probably not a genuine Adafruit V1 motor shield, anyway. There are a lot of counterfeits on eBay.
Would you mind posting the link to the place you bought it from?

nicoj10

Post by nicoj10 »

It even has the printing "ladyada.net" or something on it. http://www.ebay.de/itm/321356668043?ssP ... 1497.l2649
I bought it there because it was preassembled and my solder skills are not the best. I hope this isn't a fake because i'd like to support guys like you.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Definitely not one of ours. Many of the counterfeiters copy the ladyada url and/or the adafruit logo. Thanks for posting the link. We'll tak to eBay about that.

nicoj10

Post by nicoj10 »

Ok, but when will the original one be back again in your shop? Especially the V2, because i'd like to buy it and i can't wait :D

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The V1 has been discontinued. V2 production is currently help up by component availability problems and we have no firm ETA. If you sign up for notifications, you will get an email as soon as the next batch is available.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”