24 channel PWM LED Driver code not uploading

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Amittt

24 channel PWM LED Driver code not uploading

Post by Amittt »

Hey Adafruit!

I just got my 24-Channel 12-bit PWM LED Driver - SPI Interfaces. I bought just two to make sure I can get them working before buying the rest. My projects requires me to individually control 150 RGB LEDs. My issue is that I am having trouble uploading the sketch to my Arduino mega board. I got the code from: https://learn.adafruit.com/tlc5947-tlc5 ... rogramming

Firstl, I made sure to install the 'Adafruit TLC5947' Library in the correct location (user-mydocuments-Arduino-Libraries).

I then went into the folder in the library and opened the tlc5947test.ino example file. When I try to verify/upload the sketch I get:

Error Compiling.

tlc5947test.cpp.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/Users/amitfernandes/Downloads/tlc5947test.ino:28: undefined reference to `Adafruit_TLC5947::Adafruit_TLC5947(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'
tlc5947test.cpp.o: In function `Wheel(unsigned char, unsigned int)':
/Users/amitfernandes/Downloads/tlc5947test.ino:84: undefined reference to `Adafruit_TLC5947::setLED(unsigned char, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
tlc5947test.cpp.o: In function `rainbowCycle(unsigned char)':
/Users/amitfernandes/Downloads/tlc5947test.ino:69: undefined reference to `Adafruit_TLC5947::write()'
tlc5947test.cpp.o: In function `colorWipe(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char)':
/Users/amitfernandes/Downloads/tlc5947test.ino:55: undefined reference to `Adafruit_TLC5947::setLED(unsigned char, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
/Users/amitfernandes/Downloads/tlc5947test.ino:56: undefined reference to `Adafruit_TLC5947::write()'
tlc5947test.cpp.o: In function `setup':
/Users/amitfernandes/Downloads/tlc5947test.ino:34: undefined reference to `Adafruit_TLC5947::begin()'

Any ideas why this is happening? Anyone else having similar issues? Is there any alternate code that may work for me?

Thanks for any help,

Amit

adafruit_support_mike

Re: 24 channel PWM LED Driver code not uploading

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Those error messages mean the Arduino IDE can't find the library for the PWM driver.

Double-check the advice here for information about installing libraries:

http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-all- ... -libraries

Amittt

Re: 24 channel PWM LED Driver code not uploading

Post by Amittt »

Adafruit_TLC5947_master
Oh i see. It works now because the folder downloads as "Adafruit_TLC5947-master", and you simply have to turn the - into a _ instead of shortening it like it did. Oops, but super happy it works! Thanks Mike.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”