Bluefruit Problem

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mike46060

Bluefruit Problem

Post by mike46060 »

Hi Forum,
Long time listener, first time caller...

I recently bought a bluefruit for a project. It was very easy to pair at first but now I am having issues. I first ran the blink sketch to play with the programming, just to get the hang of it. Now I am unable to load anything. The Conn LED blinks slowly and it appears to pair with my laptop, but the TX/RX LEDs don't do anything and I cant load any sketches. The loopback test seems to work fine. The Conn LED flashes faster when the serial monitor is open and when a message is sent and recieved both the RX and TX LEDs flash.
When I attempt to load a sketch the Conn LED flashes quickly and the RX flashes once or twice, no TX flash, then I get the following error;
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

Any ideas?

I am running Win7 and I have tried this on a laptop with Bluetooth and one that requires a usb bluetooth dongle. I was able to pair with both laptops and load sketches.

Franklin97355

Re: Bluefruit Problem

Post by Franklin97355 »

I was able to pair with both laptops and load sketches.
Do you mean you were and now you are not? What device are you programming and how are you connected to it?

mike46060

Re: Bluefruit Problem

Post by mike46060 »

Correct. I was able to program both an Uno and a Mega. I am no longer able to do so. After the issue, I switched to a new unopened Uno, same problem.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”