Music Maker Not Working

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
exorgroup

Music Maker Not Working

Post by exorgroup »

Have just received Music Maker and placed some headers

Loaded sample demo file player_simple and tried to upload to Arduino UNO with Music Maker > error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" is returned

Same demo file player_simple and tried to upload to Arduino UNO without Music Maker > NO ERROR however shield does not work - no sound and NO data is returned via Serial Monitor when the reset button if pressed (yes tried both reset buttons and yes SD card has MP3 files)

Any idea?

Franklin97355

Re: Music Maker Not Working

Post by Franklin97355 »

Could you post clear pictures of your board and the connections to it?

exorgroup

Post by exorgroup »

Pictures attached as requested

I also tested connections with continuity meter and all are fine

Board was stacked on Aruduino - no other connections were done
Attachments
WP_20140713_005.jpg
WP_20140713_005.jpg (324.62 KiB) Viewed 390 times
WP_20140713_004.jpg
WP_20140713_004.jpg (375.27 KiB) Viewed 390 times
WP_20140713_003.jpg
WP_20140713_003.jpg (316.38 KiB) Viewed 390 times

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Your soldering looks good and we can't think of any reason this should be happening. Let's try with a replacement board.Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement let them know you used stacking headers so they can include some.

exorgroup

Post by exorgroup »

I had another go at the board - I cleaned the areas between the point just in case there is some conductivity from the soldering flux which may have some contamination which made the flux conductive. I also added a power supply to arduino and previously it was powered just trough USB. I uploaded the sample script and changed it to use the shield. My hopes were not high but wonder of wonders, I got some audio playing from the speakers. I unplugged the power source from the arduino and the audio kept on playing. Rebooted laptop and arduino and just got the files playing again. I do not know but it seems that some contamination between the soldered points could be the culprit of this - please let me know if you have any other idea of what this might have been.

I have uploaded some long tracks - 3 to 5 mins per track. I am using the simple player and it has some controls - when I press any character it is not processed until all files are played - so pause and stop are not working for me while music is playing. Any idea?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”