Music maker in full duplex

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Johan55

Music maker in full duplex

Post by Johan55 »

Hi there,
I am considering buying the music maker for my arduino due. Despite reading the blog and the chipsets data sheet, I am still unsure if the music maker can run in FULL DUPLEX.
I want to read the mic, process the stream on the arduino and play it back at the same time, with a delay of max 0.2 seconds.
Is there any limitation in using it in full duplex (other than having to use mono)?
Thanks

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Music maker in full duplex

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

You mean you want to connect the mic to an analog input pin on your Due, and send the captured samples back out through the MusicMaker, right?

Yes, that should not be a problem.

Johan55

Post by Johan55 »

Hi Rick, thanks for the reply.
What I aim to do is almost that, but using music maker's MIC pins and not the analog input of the due.
I want to use the broke-out pins for the MIC of the VS1053 as the audio input, transfer the digital data (PCM or WAV) to DUE, after working on it, transfer it back to the VS1053 to generate sound. Thus, the ADC and DAC of VS1053 would be working at the same time. Would that be possible?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Ahh, no it cannot. To record you actually load a new 'program' into the VLSI chip. It does echo the recorded audio into the headset for monitoring but you cannot play music

Johan55

Post by Johan55 »

Thanks a lot for the answer! I will evwntually do a work around, maybe using due's ADC.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”