Adafruit PN532 NFC/RFID breakout board Error code

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Maiu_bm

Adafruit PN532 NFC/RFID breakout board Error code

Post by Maiu_bm »

Hi, i am using Adafruit PN532 NFC/RFID breakout board with Arduino Uno, i downloaded the library to use SPI from github and installed following the steps from the tutorial. My problem is when i verify the code i receive a error message. what should i do? Image. The code is the example from the library "readMifareClassic" but i have the same error with all the examples that come with the library. I am using the same connections indicated on the webpage of the product.

If you dont see the image the message is this:
`Adafruit_PN532´does not name a type

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:213,
from readMifareClassic.pde:42:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:40: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:40: error: expected `)' before numeric constant
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:41: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:41: error: expected `)' before numeric constant
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:42: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:42: error: expected `)' before numeric constant
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:43: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:43: error: expected `)' before numeric constant
readMifareClassic:42: error: 'Adafruit_PN532' does not name a type
readMifareClassic.pde: In function 'void setup()':
readMifareClassic:48: error: 'nfc' was not declared in this scope
readMifareClassic.pde: In function 'void loop()':
readMifareClassic:75: error: 'nfc' was not declared in this scope
readMifareClassic:75: error: 'PN532_MIFARE_ISO14443A' was not declared in this scope
Attachments
Arduino Fehler.png
Arduino Fehler.png (161.9 KiB) Viewed 857 times

Franklin97355

Re: Adafruit PN532 NFC/RFID breakout board Error code

Post by Franklin97355 »

Those kinds of errors show up if the libraries are corrupt or installed incorrectly or in the wrong location or misnamed. Thak a look at this library install tutorial.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”