triggering sounds

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
designtech3000

Re: triggering sounds

Post by designtech3000 »

Hi,

I got both versions of this code working. I noticed in both versions that the sounds trigger only after the button is released. I'm using a modified version of the second but need the sound to trigger at the pressing of the button and stop when released. What can I change in the code to make it work that way?

Thanks.

david400

Post by david400 »

Hi I was wondering what the code would look like with 1 analog input from a sony IR sensor to trigger a sound file .

Or if anyone has a link to some example code using these sony IR sensors and the wave shield.

Thanks David

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

get the sony IR working, then you can try to modify any of the many examples. We also have some tutorials, including http://www.ladyada.net/make/pumpkin/pumpkin.html but everyone's project is unique so you will have to learn how to program in the interactions you want :)

troglodisme

Post by troglodisme »

Hello,

I am just trying to work with your amazing code for triggering 6 waves with digital pin. I am almost sure everything is working fine cause I tried it in lots of different ways... I mean, all the pins are working and arduino is receiving everything in the right way (i tried with different sketches with led or potentiometer) but I can't get the wave shield to work.
I think that my problem is how i use the button cause I didn't really understand when you said: " when you ground one of the analog input pins ".

Could you please show me how to link a button to the shield in a correct way for using your software?

thanks a lot, Giulio.
troglodisme

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

rbwilliams

Post by rbwilliams »

Hi,

I bought an arduino just to use the wave shield to trigger my own sounds.

I have read this thread,

But, I don't understand the whole "library" thing.

What is the wavehc and the af_wave?

Is this a hex file to include in the compiler? why?

Also, why do you have to setup a serial line at 9600? I though it was bit-banged SPI.

Thanks to anyone who can break it down for me.

chuckm

Post by chuckm »

RB,

Unpack the zip file and put the WaveHC directory under the "libraries" folder where you unpacked the Arduino code. On my XP system for example I used "U:" (its got my user data) and U: has arduino-0018 at the top level, then libraries, and then WaveHC under the bottom libraries level. If you build one of the demos then the tool will find the libraries for WaveHC and it will work as you expect it to.

--Chuck

ferra

Post by ferra »

Hi,I'm working with the shield to play six drum sounds with six different pad input.The sketch doesn't make errors but when i connect the shield and everything,the result is no sound.Arduino receive the input because the red led turn on when i pick on the pad.can you help me?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Have you tested the board with one of the example programs? If there is a problem with the shield, you should start a new thread & post photos of the front & back of the board.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”