[question] about SIM card read/write...

Talk about the videos and projects (SIM reader, payphones...)

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
benjamminzIS

[question] about SIM card read/write...

Post by benjamminzIS »

I have just picked up a Linksys WRTU54G-TM for my T-Mobile hotspot@home... it has two SIM card slots for a 2-line capability... Here's the thing... The SIM card that comes with it works both in the router and in my cell phone. However my cell phone's SIM only works in my cell phone... when I put it in the router it doesn't register. If I log into the router on the "Status" page -sub-option "Voice"- there is two buttons at the bottom, one of them says "error lists" when I click on that it opens a pop-up window with a drop-down menu to select "line1" or "line2" I choose the "line2" from drop-down menu which corresponds to the phone2 SIM slot that my cell phone's SIM is installed into it shows an error which reads “failed to connect. location unkown.”

So I'm assuming that all I need to do is figure out how to copy the "location" information from the "home" SIM to my cell SIM...

My question is do you think this is possible? Should I bother trying? I just think it would be really nice to clone my business cell phone's SIM and leave it in the router so that when I'm at home I can use the VoIP to make/receive calls, as I don't have good reception where I live (B.F.Fn.E.)

Input appreciated, but as you are your own person, obviously not required! heh

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Citizen Engineer (closed)”