Which game console?

Moderator: adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
stickboy

Which game console?

Post by stickboy »

Fuzebox (uza) or Hydra?

Both systems interest me, but which one is a better introduction into game programming?

I just basically want to make some learning games for my kids. I know I could just buy something from the store, but where is the fun in that? :)

How easy is the Fuzebox to program?

Thanks in advance...

adafruit

Re: Which game console?

Post by adafruit »

ive played with spin & propeller chips. they're very powerful but very difficult to get going because the language is a bit, umm, arcane :) and you have to use the expander card to get any good game dev
that's why i like the fuzebox so much. there's a lot more pixels available & the code is much easier to write because its in C. I'll have some basic game tutorials up soon. you can check out 'hello world' type stuff on the "Uze it!" page

charliex

Re: Which game console?

Post by charliex »

the http://www.xgamestation.com/ hydra is pretty good, Andre has written a lot of books in the past on game development, so you get that side of stuff too.

You can choose different languages for the hydra forth, basic ,assembler and spin, as well as C, so lots of choices and example code. I'd say the xgs/hydra's have more features, and more powerful too.

I've used it to teach people retro console development.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Fuzebox (discontinued)”