Fuzebox soldering instructions - few issues

Moderator: adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
polbit

Fuzebox soldering instructions - few issues

Post by polbit »

As I was putting my Fuzebox together today, I noticed few issues with the instructions. C5 is mentioned twice, and there is no mention of C4, C23 or R24. Just figured I would say something :)

tim1724

Re: Fuzebox soldering instructions - few issues

Post by tim1724 »

I noticed the same problems yesterday when I was assembling mine. I consulted the parts list to verify what the values of the parts not mentioned in the instructions, and it seems to work fine.

I have a leftover resistor (1 kilo-ohm) and an extra capacitor (0.1 microfarad) but I'm 95% sure that they were just extra parts. :-) (My kit had five 1kΩ resistors and thirteen 0.1 µF capacitors, which exceeds what is listed on the parts list.)

polbit

Post by polbit »

Yep, exactly the same here. Not going to complain about extra parts though :)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

the extra .1uF cap is for a 'quality +' hack ill post in a bit

pflarr

Post by pflarr »

I've seen Ladyada say that C23 was needed for the reset button to work correctly, and that R24 is optional. What is C4 for? Can we get the instructions updated soon?

Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

Judging from the schematic, I'd say that C4 is necessary for the green channel to be transmitted to the AD725 chip. Without it, I assume that you wouldn't see any green on the screen when using it.

uze6666

Post by uze6666 »

You must look at the Fuzebox schematic, not the Uzebox's since they are different a bit. On the Fuzebox C4 supposed to part of the power regulator circuit. It is not mandatory but can improve its transient response. Since there's some significant digital switching and power draining when the video rendering starts, I would recommend you put it to get the best possible picture. Also, add the capacitor patch proposed by Forklift and me over here. It *greatly* improves the picture, no kidding!

Cheers,

Uze

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Sorry for the delay, I got the flu :(
The instructions have been updated!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Fuzebox (discontinued)”