no anonymous postings anymore!

Forum announcements

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

no anonymous postings anymore!

Post by adafruit »

sorry, trying to cut down on spam.

stevenclements

Re: no anonymous postings anymore!

Post by stevenclements »

ladyada wrote:sorry, trying to cut down on spam.
great idea!

Mark_

ann.

Post by Mark_ »

huhn? what? its fixed isn't it?

daguuy

Post by daguuy »

woohoo! let's celebrate with the kitty in a basket!

olaf_marzocchi

Post by olaf_marzocchi »

Spam is still coming. It is strange, I've never seen a forum with so much spam, even those badly moderated/administered.
Mybe this one is an important one, but is there at least a way to remove spam threads as soon as they are marked?

dj_stick

Post by dj_stick »

Olaf Marzocchi wrote:Spam is still coming. It is strange, I've never seen a forum with so much spam, even those badly moderated/administered.
Mybe this one is an important one, but is there at least a way to remove spam threads as soon as they are marked?
i've seen far worse, one of the sites i mod gets at least 10 a week, but it's deleted and the users banned within hours

olaf_marzocchi

Post by olaf_marzocchi »

Ok, what about deleting the threads here? those spammers only get an higher pagerank with this forum ....

justadude

Post by justadude »

this forum ranks very very high with many keywords on google i have noticed. They have bots now that can break captcha and automate registration and I have seen a lot of forums getting spammed by these bots. What you do is blacklist the proxies they are using they get them from lists, anyways you can block about 60% of the spam by blacklisting the proxies but not all of it.

olaf_marzocchi

Post by olaf_marzocchi »

I think the system used in rapidshare is quite effective, it is an improved captcha where you are asked to write the letters marked with the image of a cat.

justadude

Post by justadude »

i dislike captchas they are impossible for disabled people to decipher I can see fine and sometimes can't even read them there are better turing tests then captchas

hgds

Post by hgds »

justadude wrote:i dislike captchas they are impossible for disabled people to decipher I can see fine and sometimes can't even read them there are better turing tests then captchas
ROFL, i agree with u on that one.

alexandertmills

Re:

Post by alexandertmills »

Olaf Marzocchi wrote:I think the system used in rapidshare is quite effective, it is an improved captcha where you are asked to write the letters marked with the image of a cat.
Yes! I haven't actually seen this, but anything that involves a cat MUST be secure! =^_^=

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Announcements”