Tweet-A-Watt data analysis software give away

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wkoperwhats

Tweet-A-Watt data analysis software give away

Post by wkoperwhats »

Tweet-A-Watt makers,

I write and sell an energy data analysis software program called EnergyProbe. It is used mainly by electric utility load researchers and large account managers, but it can also be used to analyze home and small business enduse data as well.

I'd like to *give away* 10 copies of EnergyProbe to tweet-a-watt makers who are using their devices to log usage to a CSV file (a simple modification to wattcher.py), the only thing that I'd like to ask in return is for feedback on the features that you all feel are important and needed to turn the current program into a low cost, easy to use version suitable for the savvy home energy analyst.

I've already ran this by Limor, and she's fine with me making this offer so long as it's clear that Adafruit has *nothing* to do with my [company/software] and that she is not [to blame/to be credited] if you feel the software [sucks/is really useful].

I'm currently working on a simplified version of the program which I hope to release toward the end of the summer which will incorporate direct support for a number of commercial meters and data loggers including the tweet-a-watt. EnergyProbe has been in continuous development for over 10 years and is a fairly mature product, but In order to be useful, your tweet-a-watt *needs* to be logging at least hourly (and hopefully something with a shorter interval) energy usage.

If you have a system in place, or plan of finishing one soon, that would meet these requirements, and you'd be willing to dedicate an uncertain (but hopefully small) amount of time and effort to getting something running and to provide feedback, please send me a private message either through this forum or directly at my company email address.

Thanks.

Bill K

[email protected]
http://www.miloslick.com

[EDIT:] Thanks for all the interest that you have shown in joining our beta-test group. At this time we have enough beta testers for this project and unfortunately are no longer accepting requests.
Last edited by wkoperwhats on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

tobrew

Re: Tweet-A-Watt data analysis software give away

Post by tobrew »

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the cool software.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”