Multiple Xbee Setup

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
aarmbruster

Multiple Xbee Setup

Post by aarmbruster »

Hello,

I have a question concerning an xbee setup where I want to send data to multiple xbee modules. Right now I have one xbee sending data to three xbees. The xbees appear to not be getting the data when more than one of the receiving xbee's are turned on. Is it possible that they are interfering with each other, or were these modules not made to perform this way.I am using this xbee with the adapter kit sold on adafruit. Thanks in advance.

Andrew

adafruit

Re: Multiple Xbee Setup

Post by adafruit »

dont know off hand, you should read the xbee manual, theres a LOT of info in there

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Make sure you have a unique address for each module. (as ladyada says the manual is the place to go)

foozinator

Post by foozinator »

I've just been looking at XBee's for a potential home automation mesh. It looks like there are a couple different things to consider.

1. For a one-to-many message, set your destination address to broadcast. All XBees in the same network and channel should see the message.

2. There seems to be differences between the 1.0 and the 2.5 protocol that I haven't figured out, yet. My current guess is that broadcast works only in the units in range of the broadcaster in 1.0, but a broadcast msg gets routed to all units in range of the mesh (and not necessarily in range of the broadcaster itself) for 2.5.

I don't have any hardware, yet, so I'm just guessing from what I've read in the manuals.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”