Bug in Google App Engine code for Tweet-A-Watt?

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adechiaro

Bug in Google App Engine code for Tweet-A-Watt?

Post by adechiaro »

First of all I want to say thank you to ladyada & co for all the hard work they have put into this project (and many others). I have successfully built a working tweet-a-watt after a little initial trouble (no KAW display, different PCB revision, etc). :mrgreen:

Anyway my question is with regards to the code. I'm fairly adept at programming, but barely used Python before. Checked out the latest code from the repository (r5) and uploaded it to my GAE account. appengine/report works OK, but when I hit /dump I got an error, line 76 global variable "account" not defined or something along those lines (I know it was line 76). :?

Has anyone else encountered this before? I was able to resolve it by placing defining the variable with 'account = users.get_current_user()' on line 72, right before the first GqlQuery (it was bombing on the 2nd). I just wanted to double check with others to see if they have run into the same problem or if I've screwed something up on my end. If I have fixed a bug, I think it would be a good idea to check the updated code into the repository so others don't run into the same error.

Also, has anyone seen this error when trying to run the test dev_appserver.py? It spits out tons of errors when trying to access /dump and then following at the bottom. I'm running on Ubuntu and thought it might be resolved by adding the 'python-processing' package, but without success.

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/multiprocessing/__init__.py", line 83, in <module>
import _multiprocessing
ImportError: No module named _multiprocessing

adafruit

Re: Bug in Google App Engine code for Tweet-A-Watt?

Post by adafruit »

im actually kinda surprised the GAE code works at all ;)

but yeah. umm, im kinda swamped so maybe you can figure out what i did wrong. it works on 'my' GAE at wattcher.appspot and you're totally free to use that GAE install if you are just interested in collecting data & graphing it

adechiaro

Re: Bug in Google App Engine code for Tweet-A-Watt?

Post by adechiaro »

awesome. i'll tinker with it more and see what i can come up with. thanks for the response!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”