adaptor and xbeepro problem

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ptorrado

adaptor and xbeepro problem

Post by ptorrado »

Hi , i buy 2 xbee adaptors , build it , one work fine , but whe plug the other in the computer (using the FTDI cable) the green led has no solid light (give me an soft green light) and some time flash in random way , but when i plug the board with a batery , work fine .
The problem I have is the range of connection , with 2 xbee pro with external antena , i cant get no more than 30 m open air .
Please need asistance .

Thanks

Sorry for my english ...

Franklin97355

Re: adaptor and xbeepro problem

Post by Franklin97355 »

First I'd try to find out what the problem with the board is. That may be the root of your other problem. There are not too many parts so you could test the good one for values and then check the bad one to find out where they are different.

karlgg

Post by karlgg »

It sounds like the xbee is using more power than the USB can source... Is the FTDI cable plugged into a laptop? Can you plug it into another computer to see if it does the same thing?

len17

Post by len17 »

Power can be an issue for the XBee Pro. An unpowered USB hub cannot provide enough power (judging from the XBee datasheet).

If your computer is running Windows, you can use the Device Manager to see how much power is available for each USB port.

ptorrado

Post by ptorrado »

I have two adaptors and the other one work fine in the same computer with the same cable , I check the board and everything look ok , when I use the board with batteries the led go ok (solid flashing green light) , the problem is when I connect the board with the computer.

Thanks

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

are you plugging in the cable right? take a photo

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”