Tweet A Watt - list index out of range error

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
karlgg

Re: Tweet A Watt - list index out of range error

Post by karlgg »

wkoperwhats wrote:But from what I've read, you'll *still* have an issue with using them as "repeaters".
I don't think he was talking about repeaters when he said "several recievers". I think he's talking about having several seperate networks, each with their own local "home". In which case, he should be okay as long as each tweeter reaches its base unit.

The distance out on the edges should mean the traffic is lower there, but I'm concerned about the ones in the middle. They'll possibly have to sort through the signals from all sides to find the packets from their own network.

wkoperwhats

Post by wkoperwhats »

Ah, I read it wrong.

The spec'd data rate is 250Kbps, so as long as you've got enough receivers there *shouldn't* be a problem with saturating the RF. I'm still curious about powering them continuously and using a single receiver though. That would have the added benefit of fitting in nicely with an existing home automation system already using the Zigbee standard.

With some minor changes it could even duplicate the functionality of this system, but at about a 1/4th of the price (and US compatible):

http://www.plogg.co.uk/index.html

jdoscher

Post by jdoscher »

I'm a bit late to the thread, but I've got 10 going without issue- but going over seems to cause problems with the 16-bit conversion for the xbee address. Any ideas on how to update the script for more than 10? Numbers 0-9 work fine, but when I plug in 10,11 or 12 it crashes the script.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”