Xbees and encoder/decoder IC's

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
casdsys

Xbees and encoder/decoder IC's

Post by casdsys »

Can the XBee be used as a straight thru TX and RX if I were to hook it up to an encoder/decoder IC as used in remote control switching such as the HT640/HT658.

Cheers.

adafruit

Re: Xbees and encoder/decoder IC's

Post by adafruit »

whats the HT640/HT658 do/require? do you have any datasheets or information or anything?

casdsys

Post by casdsys »

Unable to attach a PDF file to this post.
If you do a search Im sure you will find some data sheets. Ive asked Digi if they plan to make an XBee that consists of just a transmitter and receiver not the reply was not in the near future. I have used these chips with Tx and Rx in the 433.92Mhz at they work fine. I was hoping to get a longer range at a different frequency.
The ics have 8 data lines, 10 address line, a data out or data in, and a transmit enable or valid transmission io. As long as the addresses are set the same on the TX and RX, whatever 8 bits you send will appear on the RX end with the valid transmission output going high.
Im concerned that with the XBee the data stream that these chips send out may conflict with all the data the xbee sends out as well. Otherwise looking into the xbee more closely now
I might just be able to get the same effect after i work it out.

ladyada wrote:whats the HT640/HT658 do/require? do you have any datasheets or information or anything?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

well yknow the xbees do their own encoding...you should maybe just send serial data and be happy?

karlgg

Post by karlgg »

I am struggling valiantly against linking a lolcat in response to that.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”