XBee Adapter Kit

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
orand

XBee Adapter Kit

Post by orand »

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have bought a pair of XBee Adapter Kits for wireless communication. My questions are:

1. One of the adapter kits turn on when I apply 5V power to it and the other one does not (The green LED light does not blink. The 5 V and ground are connected.) What can be the problem.
2. I think that as far as the two adapter are powered, if a 5V is applied to the 7th pin of one of the adapters, the same voltage should be seen on the 8th pin of the other adapter. Am I right? or should I program the adapters to make them communicate?

Thank you very much for your support and assistance in advance.

Best regards,

Abbas Orand

////////////////////////

Hello,

Thank you very much for your fast response.
I managed to solve the problem related to the power of the XBee Adapters.

How should I configure the XBee's? I guess I should use a USB to TTL Serial Cable which I have already ordered. Could you please give me some information on the configuration of XBees?

Thank you very much again.

Abbas Orand

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hello,

I managed to figure out the problem with my XBee Adapter Kits. Now, the green LED blinks in both of them when I apply 5V.

I am trying to configure the two adapter kits for a simple wireless communication as it is explained here (http://www.ladyada.net/make/xbee/). I do not need any computer connection and the only requirement is the two adapter kits to communicate. I tried exactly in the same way by setting PAN ID of both adapter kits to 3137 and Modem to XB 24. Then, I turned both adapter kits on and tried to apply 5 V to the Rx pin of one of the kits and to check the Tx of the other adapter kit. The Tx pin of both adapter kits are high and there is no change. I am wondering if I did anything wrong or if there is anything which I am missing to do. The attached file includes the pictures of the adapter kits.

I appreciate any feedback and assistance.

Thank you very much.

Abbas Orand
Attachments
Project.zip
The pictures from the project
(312.56 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Last edited by orand on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Franklin97355

Re: XBee Adapter Kit

Post by Franklin97355 »

As to your first question, post some large, clear pictures of both sides of your adapter.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: XBee Adapter Kit

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Yes. Photos will help us diagnose any problems with the adapter.
And yes, you need to configure the XBee modules to make them communicate and pass digital data.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”