Using computer to toggle DIO pins on xbees

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sushi

Using computer to toggle DIO pins on xbees

Post by sushi »

Hi,

So I've been sifting through a lot of docs in the past couple of days with very little luck. This is all I want to do: I have a xbee connected to my computer (the xbee adapter kit with the usb cable) and I have anothe xbee sitting on a breadboard. I want to programmatically run something on my computer that will allow me to toggle the xbee that is not connected to my computer. I would prefer something in python - but honestly I just don't understand what to do - I just need something to nibble on.

Thanks!

Ayush

adafruit

Re: Using computer to toggle DIO pins on xbees

Post by adafruit »

the xbee api can do it and there is likely a python script that has the api details -somewhere- on the internet but we dont know where to find it

faludi

Re: Using computer to toggle DIO pins on xbees

Post by faludi »

Yup, check out the XBee API in the product manual (or in my book which covers it in slightly more readable language). There's a Python library here: http://code.google.com/p/python-xbee/

Digi is working to come out with some really neat things for connecting XBees to the Cloud, so keep an eye out for that in the next couple months too.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”