What else do i need to complete this function - save temp. data and

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
frazelle09

What else do i need to complete this function - save temp. data and

Post by frazelle09 »

wireless send to my Android upon request.

We are finishing up our first solar hot water heater for production here in Mexicali, Baja Calif., Mexico and would like to be able to place at least one temp. sensor on our system, log the data, store it on site and - lol - drive by and get the device to download the data to our Android HTC G-1.

We see that this friend http://tinajalabs.BANNED.com/2010/05 ... re-sensor/ has managed to get some of this idea together, using your adaptor board. This already puts us up into what appears to be the $50 range - the board and the X-Bee. What additional components might we need before we could reach our goal?

If push comes to shove, we'll just have to go non-wireless and content ourselves with climbing up on roofs and plugging into some USB port, but...

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day! :)

adafruit_support_bill

Re: What else do i need to complete this function - save temp. data and

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

XBee, XBee adapter board, TMP-36, some source of 5v power.

You will also need something like an FTDI usb/serial cable to configure XBees. This would be a one-time expense.

You can look at the Tweet-A-Watt project for information on how to configure the transmitter.

frazelle09

Post by frazelle09 »

Dear Sirs>

Thank you very much for you swift reply! You guys are faster than a speeding bullet!

Was on my way out of the house and thought i'd check to see if, just by chance, there was some sort of comment. Woof!

Will check it out when i get back from crossing the border. It looks like something even we could do, since none of us has any electronic experience to speak of.

Thanks again for such a quick reply and have a great morning! :)

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Looking closer at your requirements, my reply may have been too quick. I missed this bit:
log the data, store it on site
The project linked in your post has no logging capability. It just transmits real-time temperature data. Logging requires some storage and processing in addition to the transmitter & sensor:
  • Arduino
    Data Logger Shield
    SD card
    TMP36
    XBee
    XBee adapter
    either: 7-9v DC power source -or- 5v regulated power

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”