FTDI Cable and XBee Adapter

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bmco2n

Re: FTDI Cable and XBee Adapter

Post by bmco2n »

Flattering me as a hijacker is misplaced; I’m too dumb to know how to start my own string. Meantime, here’s one more violation, the last. :lol:
Thanks, Adafruit for the comments, but disabling the “I/OLine passing” on both the Xbee/computer and Xbee/Arduino by changing FFFF to FF didn’t work. It was set as FFFF in the first place, according to the instructions on the Ladyada tutorial>Xbee>connect.
The transmitter (Xbee/comp) is receiving the data and the nonsense, but it looks more like it isn’t sending. Anyway, what’s happening now is that pesky avrdude sync error is cropping up when I upload. If I remove all the Xbee connections and load a sketch that works, everything is fine. I’ve switched UNOs, but still get the avrdude error.
Anyway, I’m going to give up for a while and say mantras. I do have a question, if you have the time. The wire that’s soldered to the AD3 point on the Xbee/Arduino adapter shows 3.3 V and sends 1V to the transistor base. According to my limited knowledge about transistors, the voltage on the collector should be much lower and it is—about 0.15V. I guess the tutorial means that the transistor puts out more milliamps than AD3 has available. But AD3 is putting out 143 milliamps, which drops to 65ma at the trans collector. Was this the idea?
Best regards,

adafruit_support_bill

Re: FTDI Cable and XBee Adapter

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It's hard to address the question without seeing your setup. And this is getting pretty far off topic. Go to the top of the Xbee forum and start a new thread. (There should be a "Newtopic" button on the top left) And post some photos of your setup.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”