Cannot communicate with Xbee S1

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Soffer

Cannot communicate with Xbee S1

Post by Soffer »

Hi there.
I hope this is the right section for this query, and I have checked around but found no relevant solutions to my problem.
I am working on a fairly simple project (that actually has been featured here on the blog!) involving
a potentiometer and a servo. In its most basic setup it's the knob sketch, and it builds up from there.
You can check out the project here:http://adisoffer.tumblr.com/post/254224 ... ino-follow

I'm trying to go wireless now and the simple task of communicating with my XBee with a usb adapter is a total fail :|
I've downloaded x-ctu, I've downloaded the drivers, I've changed the ports and the baud rates but I get no communication.
I don't think the modules are faulty, and I believe I'm doing a most basic mistake that I simply am not aware of.
I would appreciate some tips and input and would be happy to supply any additional info to get this thing working...

Thanks..

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Cannot communicate with Xbee S1

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I'm trying to go wireless now and the simple task of communicating with my XBee with a usb adapter is a total fail
Are you using the Adafruit usb adapter? If so, post photos of the front & back of the adapter board.

Soffer

Post by Soffer »

I'm actually using a geeetech.com adapter. I swear that's how they spell it!

(Do these forums apply solely to Adafruit's boards?)

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The "Supported Products and Projects" forum is for support of our Adafruit products. You are welcome to post in General Project help. There are many helpful people that hang out here at the Adafruit forums.

But the manufacturer or seller of the product should be your first stop for technical assistance.

Soffer

Post by Soffer »

Will do.
Thanks.
:-)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”