Tweet-a-watt - Numbers Fading, Long Delay

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
maddhat

Tweet-a-watt - Numbers Fading, Long Delay

Post by maddhat »

Assembled a tweet-a-watt today and having an odd issue. Instead of the 2 second expected delay between LED blinking it seems to be doing so every 7 seconds, and each time it does the display dims considerably. The voltage readings seem very off the entire time. I expected it to last the first 30 seconds or so, but even after 5 minutes of having it plugged in I received the same thing. I've triple checked all solder points, resistors, capacitor polarity, and wiring - but I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Franklin97355

Re: Tweet-a-watt - Numbers Fading, Long Delay

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the tutorial? Again,We are unable to confirm that this post is not spam - please complete the captcha below and re-submit your post.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

@madhat - try increasing the interval between reports. The Kill-A-Watt folks are always looking to shave a few more cents off the parts cost of the unit, so the power supplies are to the point where they don't have much power to spare for add-ons like the Tweet-A-Watt.

maddhat

Post by maddhat »

That appears to have done it! I set it to "FF" (255) and it took about 30 seconds to clear up - now working like a charm. Thank you for the help!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”