Xbee sleep.

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nomad-alien

Xbee sleep.

Post by nomad-alien »

I have an xbee that connects to a sensor via serial. My xbee receives the data on its serial interface and transmits it to the other xbee connected to a pc and I can see/read all the sensor data just fine. My problem is that I want the xbee to sleep and wake up every x minutes and transmit for 30 seconds and then go back to sleep.

I'm not using the in sleep, but just use the timer settings on the xbee but it seems that as long as that there is data coming into the serial interface of the xbee that it doesn't go into sleep mode but just keep transmitting all the time. Is this normal behaviour or am I just configuring my xbee wrong? Will the xbee go into sleep regardless of data coming into the serial interface?

Can I fix this problem by using the pin sleep functionality?

Aluman000

Re: Xbee sleep.

Post by Aluman000 »

I just happened to have the manual open to this page:
Sleep Support -
Automatic wakeup sampling can be suppressed by setting SO bit 1.When an RF module wakes, it
will always do a sample based on any active ADC or DIO lines. This allows sampling based on the
sleep cycle whether it be Cyclic Sleep (SM parameter = 4 or 5) or Pin Sleep (SM = 1 or 2). To
gather more samples when awake, set the IR (Sample Rate) parameter.
For Cyclic Sleep modes: If the IR parameter is set, the module will stay awake until the IT (Samples
before TX) parameter is met. The module will stay awake for ST (Time before Sleep) time.
Applicable Commands: IR (Sample Rate), IT (Samples before TX), SM (Sleep Mode), IC (DIO
Change Detect), SO (Sleep Options)
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentat ... 0982_H.pdf
Page 15

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”