Xbee Adapter always needs to be reset!?

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rob drizzle

Xbee Adapter always needs to be reset!?

Post by rob drizzle »

No matter what I do I always need to reset the adapter to configure, update, read the xbee... I have tried with two different modems and its the same. I tried uninstalling the drivers and both the TTL232 cable and a FTDI friend but no change. The solder joints look fine...

Any ideas?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Xbee Adapter always needs to be reset!?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

What do you mean by "reset the adapter"? The adapter is just a voltage regulator and a level shifter chip.

rob drizzle

Post by rob drizzle »

when I go to program the xbee, I always get the "Action Required" pop-up that tells you to press the reset button or in the adapter's case jumper it. After a reset, it will program and then if I change a parameter and try to write, I get the same pop-up and have to reset again.

This happens if I test/query it too. After the reset, I get the test info but if I test again, I get the Actio Required window and have to reset again.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I see, so XCTU is telling you that the XBee module needs to be reset. You might want to check over on the Digi forums. The Digi engineers can probably tell you what is going on. http://forums.digi.com

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”