XBee standalone sensor unit

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
joanba

XBee standalone sensor unit

Post by joanba »

Hi,

I've done a prototype using a 390 LiPoly charger, with a solar panel and a battery and an XBee module as a load. The XBee is also capable to power a moisture sensor and read analog values from the sensor. I send this data to an Arduino UNO with an XBee and I store this data into an SQLite database.

It works, few hours building the circuit and some days programming the arduino and the server interface.

I want to send you a request for a new component based on your fabulous 390 charger: why don't you extend this component allowing to insert a voltage regulator ( XBee works with 3,3V ), XBee sockets and finally few holes to put some other components like sensors ? The idea is to provide a complete circuit ready for XBee, just put the XBee module and your sensors and that's it, and very versatile for power requirements: solar, USB, DC adapter. Probably this circuit could bee too much specific, but I've seen that a lot of people is using standalone XBees for similar projects like mine and a platform like this would be perfect.

Just an idea...

Regards,
JoanBa

adafruit_support_bill

Re: XBee standalone sensor unit

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”