3 XBees connection

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
orand

3 XBees connection

Post by orand »

Dear Forum members,

I have been trying to connect 3 XBees series 1 for the last few days with no success.
I tried line passing method with 2 XBees and it worked but not for 3 XBees. Let me describe what I am trying to do.
I have three sensors (touch, tilt and force). The touch sensor is connected to XBee 1 and an Arduino Duemilanove and the other two sensors (tilt and force) are connected to XBee 2 and one more Arduino Duemilanove. I am trying to send signal from these two XBees to XBee 3 connected to a computer which is acting as an end receiver . The three sensors status will be either ON or OFF.

For the tilt and force sensors, I can have 'a', 'b', 'c' and 'd' based on the truth table shown below.

Force | Tilt | Output XBee 2
---------------------------------------
0 | 0 | a
0 | 1 | b
1 | 0 | c
1 | 1 | d

I am thinking to send the four characters (a, b, c, and d) from XBee 2 to XBee 1 connected to touch sensor to make this truth table.

Touch | Output XBee 2 | Output XBee 1
------------------------------------------------
0 | a | no output
0 | b | move motor
0 | c | move motor
0 | d | move motor
1 | a | no output
1 | b | no output
1 | c | no output
1 | d | no output

Then, I wish to send the output of XBee 1 to XBee 3.

Question: How can I connect these three XBees? Should I make XBee 1 to talk just to XBee 2 and XBee 2 to just talk to XBee 3?

I would appreciate any feedback and assistance very much. Thank you very much.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: 3 XBees connection

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Sounds like you might need a mesh topology? You might have better luck with this question over at the Digi XBee forum

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”