Xbee Series 2 for Tweet A Watt Project.

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
anchun

Xbee Series 2 for Tweet A Watt Project.

Post by anchun »

Hi,

First of all, thank you for all the open sourced project methods.

For various reasons (mesh networking, firmware, etc...) I am trying to use Xbee Series 2 modules for the Tweet a Watt project.

And I from some searchings and readings from this website, I am aware of the following differences between series 1 and seres 2 which will affect project.

1. Series 2 module does not have ADC 4
2. Series 2 ADC pins take 1.2V while Series 1 ADC pins take 3.3V
3. Series 2 module has 1.2V internal Vref while Series 1 module has 3.3V external Vref

Based on these differences, I think the following solutions are needed for each realized problems.

1. I will have to use ADC 3 pin instead of ADC 4 pin, and configure XBee setting accordingly.
2. I will have to change the register values for Voltage Divider, so that 5V changes to 1.2V instead of 3.3V
3. NO CLUE

So, I'm not much of a electronics guy and I need some help with these. I'm suspecting the difference of Vref will require some solution which i do not know about. In series 1's case Is it the Vcc (3.3V) setting Vref as 3.3V, and use Vref to reference the input ADC voltage of 3.3V ? or
Vref of 3.3V setting Vcc to 3.3V so that it powers Xbee module with constant 3.3V?

Also, please tell me if there I am planning anything wrong for above solutions, or I am missing anything in general.

Thank you!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Xbee Series 2 for Tweet A Watt Project.

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Doesn't the series 2 have a VREF pin? You would connect that to 3.3V to get a 3.3V reference.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”