Looking for advice for a wireless digitial and analog project.

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mmachenry

Looking for advice for a wireless digitial and analog project.

Post by mmachenry »

Hello everyone,

Summary:
I'd like to send 8kHz analog audio two ways along with two digital input pins and one digital output pin all across a wireless connection with range of 30 feet.

In depth:
I am looking for some advice in putting together a project that will need to have wireless radio communication for both digital circuit pins as well as analog audio. I have a simple circuit I am making using the AG1170-S5 SLIC board from silvertel.com. You don't really need to look that up to answer but I mention it for reference. Essentially the board has a some digital I/O pins as well as audio in/out which are both analog.

I would like to create a board that connects the AG1170 to something like an XBee, which might work, and transmit the data somewhere in the range of 30 feet. If all I were doing is digital I/O the XBee would clearly be a straight-forward solution. If I were only sending analog audio, I'd probably make an FM transmitter since I've done that and it's simple. (perhaps not the best though) The problem is that I'm reading a lot about the XBee and it's capabilities and people seem to say that audio would more than max out its ability. Some people say that if it's really low-quality digital I could get away with it. I've read the spec and they do have analog pins though.

Does anyone know the simplest solution accomplishing this is?

Thanks a bunch,
-mike

thefatmoop

Re: Looking for advice for a wireless digitial and analog pr

Post by thefatmoop »

xbee won't be able to send the analog that fast.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”