Xbee pro xsc S3B & Xbee apapter kit compatability?

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kvwood

Xbee pro xsc S3B & Xbee apapter kit compatability?

Post by kvwood »

I have built two xbee adapter kits, v1.1 for point to point communication with 2 xbee pro xsc s3b 900mhz modules. I downloaded xctu from the digikey website. It recognizes the modules. When I upgraded the firmware, it is asking me to reset the radio module. Can anyone suggest a way to reset the module, using the adapter kit?

I am very new to xbee's and to arduino type circuitry in general. Thanks in advance for your assistance and patience. I am an astronomy professor and we are using these long range xbees to communicate with a High Altitude Balloon (20-21 miles away)

Thanks

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Xbee pro xsc S3B & Xbee apapter kit compatability?

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The Digi XBee troubleshooting guide has this to say:
In order to perform a reset, you must bridge the Reset pin (Pin 5) and ground (Pin 10). Most of these interface boards have through-holes located on the underside for a breadboard pin header, reset is typically labeled RST, and ground GND. Inserting a wire is not recommended since it usually does not make solid contact for some of the more intricate steps. It's recommended to solder a pushbutton between these two through-holes to make the recovery process easier.
If you've soldered the header pins on the adapter, you can touch a Female-Female jumper between RST and GND. Otherwise, temporarily soldering a momentary switch between the two pins ought to work well.

kvwood

Re: Xbee pro xsc S3B & Xbee apapter kit compatability?

Post by kvwood »

Thank you Rick. I'll give it a try.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”