Xbee Connection Problems

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
the_new_guy

Xbee Connection Problems

Post by the_new_guy »

Hello, I have purchased a pair of xbee S1, which go by the name of XB24-API-001, and unfortunately, I have lost the receipt. When using XCTU, one of the modems will be read quite nicely, however, the other will not read no matter what I do. I have tried the unbricking process many times without success. I believe the modem still works because on one occasion, it briefly stated that it read the modem but within a matter of seconds, it disconnected again. Also, the green light does come on the usb adapter when I plug in the troublesome xbee but the flashing red one does not. Why would one of the pair of xbees be working and not the other? I WILL NOT spend my money on a new one, that is for sure. How can I fix this problem?
Thankyou in advance.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Xbee Connection Problems

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

How are you connecting it to XCTU? What adapter are you using?

the_new_guy

Post by the_new_guy »

I was using the USB adapter and then I use the xbee shield and the wireless sd shield for aduino. In each of these cases, one module readily connects and the other does not. I'm stumped. I'm pretty sure that I can get the module to work, I just don't know how.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement XBee

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”