~ monochrone, will you eventually play PONG?

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
whiskey

~ monochrone, will you eventually play PONG?

Post by whiskey »

in the description it says "Plenty of space for mods, a prototyping area for soldering stuff in".

So I take it it's possible that we'll see somebody mod it so we can play?

adafruit

Re: ~ monochrone, will you eventually play PONG?

Post by adafruit »

whiskey wrote:in the description it says "Plenty of space for mods, a prototyping area for soldering stuff in". So I take it it's possible that we'll see somebody mod it so we can play?
it's open source, and "anything is possible" -- but it's not a future-telling device (yet) - so we're not sure what people will do - and that's the exciting part :)

len17

Post by len17 »

I've been thinking about it, but I'm not sure I want to add a pair of knobs to my clock.
adafruit wrote:but it's not a future-telling device (yet)
Sure it is! Your Monochron is telling you what time it will be in Chicago one hour from now. :)

whiskey

Post by whiskey »

try it out Len!

if your looking for a clean install you can always just solder male headers then use female connectors. It would be be like a real controller! you can even mount the potentiometer (or buttons?) inside of a mini altoids tin. :)

ghostfish

Post by ghostfish »

I had an idea for adding controls to play pong. According to the design page, you can get 2 digital pins free on the ATMega as well as add things to the I2C bus. Wii Nunchucks use I2C and have a joystick. Simple. My clock is currently in the mail so I can't get started on it yet though. :(

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

We suggest just using i2c instead of trying to wrangle more pins. You can solder wires to the i2c connections (they're broken out) and then feed the wires out the back to a 'nunchuk connector' (ThingM has a couple)

adafruit_support

Post by adafruit_support »

As for current draw, a Classic Controller, also readable with the Nunchuck connector, draws between 1.5 and 6ma of current, at 5V depending on how many buttons are pressed simultaneously. (It is hightly unlikely that ALL of them will be pressed at once.)

At least, you won't have to deal with the SDA/SCL resistors, as these have already been put on the board.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”