Monochron case & Power supply

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tcharron

Monochron case & Power supply

Post by tcharron »

It looks to me that the power cable is a straight-in cable that enters from the left of the display.

Is there any chance of using a right angle cable, or attaching the power jack to the back of the circuit board so that the power cable is hidden? This is a decent office desk clock, but the cable to the side will be both unsightly and easily knocked around.

adafruit

Re: Monochron case & Power supply

Post by adafruit »

we only have one power supply. if you want a different power supply cable, you can use pretty much any 7VDC-12VDC power supply from any hardware or electronics store

westcoaststeve

Post by westcoaststeve »

You could probably buy or make some kind of right angle power cable adapter, good suggestion, I was thinking about that also. I guess it would all matter on the tolerance between the enclosure and the pcb. I sounds like it's pretty close though since it's not recommended soldering in the FTDI & ISP connectors on the back of the pcb.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

you could cut off the connector and snake the wire thru to solder it to the pcb say in the ISP header (or you could dremel out a hole or slot).
it would have been nice to have an elegant cable but its a DIY kit and so we did the best we can :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”