MONOCHRON

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AustinCory

MONOCHRON

Post by AustinCory »

I've been waiting patiently for you guys to restock MONOCHRON clocks. I set aside the money for it earlier this year and have been checking in weekly hoping to find that you are shipping again (and yes, I've registered my email to be notified, but I don't trust that 100%).

So this week I was a little bummed to see that you had increased the price significantly. Does this mean that you are actually closer to shipping? Does the increase in price come from an improvement in the design?

Still hopeful,
Cory in Austin

adafruit

Re: MONOCHRON

Post by adafruit »

AustinCory wrote:I've been waiting patiently for you guys to restock MONOCHRON clocks. I set aside the money for it earlier this year and have been checking in weekly hoping to find that you are shipping again (and yes, I've registered my email to be notified, but I don't trust that 100%). So this week I was a little bummed to see that you had increased the price significantly. Does this mean that you are actually closer to shipping? Does the increase in price come from an improvement in the design?
hi austin,

there are new things included with the current batch we are shipping to customers who have signed up - we're working through the list as fast as we can. there are customers getting clock every day.

we do not think the price went up "significantly" - it will be $95 once we are caught up with all the previous sign ups, some customers who ordered early or signed up early are getting it for $90. some even got it for less, it all depended when they ordered or signed up.

one of the top requests we received was to include a programming cable so "out of the box" makers can install the many firmware mods. that's what we've done - included an assembled FTDI adapter so you can put any firmware on the clock. we have a tutorial on our site showing how to upload new clocks, its fast and easy and doesn't even require taking apart the case.

cheers,
adafruit

AustinCory

Re: MONOCHRON

Post by AustinCory »

I just got my email saying the clock could be ordered again! I ordered it and am now patiently watching out the window for the UPS truck. :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”