Monochron firmware compilation error

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cipicip

Monochron firmware compilation error

Post by cipicip »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install a new firmware on the Monochron clock that I recently purchased and the firmware either won't compile (IntruderChron, RATTchron) or, if I use the one already compiled or manage to compile it myself (Multichron), the screen goes black and the clock beeps continously. However I can re-install the standard already compiled firmware I found on your forum without any trouble.

When compiling I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

In file included from ratt.c:3:0:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.5.3/../../../avr/include/util/delay.h: In function ‘beep’:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.5.3/../../../avr/include/util/delay.h:153:28: error: __builtin_avr_delay_cycles expects an integer constant.
The funny thing is that I have already used that header in other projects without any worries.

Is there somewhere a repository from where I can download all the alternative firmwares already compiled and that have been tested to work?

Thanks.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Monochron firmware compilation error

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Some of the user mod repositories include the compiled .hex files - like BANNED's MultiChron: https://github.com/BANNED/monochron/ ... n/firmware

cipicip

Post by cipicip »

adafruit_support wrote:Some of the user mod repositories include the compiled .hex files - like BANNED's MultiChron: https://github.com/BANNED/monochron/ ... n/firmware
And if I upload that one the screen goes black and the clock beeps - probably is constantly resetting itself. Can anyone confirm that that firmware is in good working order and not broken? I tried recompiling it but it's the same story: the screen goes dark and starts beeping. On the plus side, at least this firmware could be compiled without any errors.

So far I can only upload the precompiled standard firmware and the XDaliClock one (again, the precompiled version) without any problems.

LoachMan33

Post by LoachMan33 »

The "read me.txt" in the distribution directory says:
Loading the firmware.
Please be advised that this program stores values in EEPROM memory,
As such, EEPROM must be loaded with each new version.
Please use or examine the attached loadfw.bat or loadfw.sh (assumes use of a tinyusb programmer)
Failure to load the EEPROM will result in a blank screen and continuous beeps.
This may be corrected by loaded loading the EEPROM.
I'm guessing that loading the EEPROM is an exercise left for the reader.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There is an eeprom loader folder in the Github repo: https://github.com/BANNED/monochron/ ... n/firmware

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”