Power Supplies for the Bulbdial Kit

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
blentz

Power Supplies for the Bulbdial Kit

Post by blentz »

Hey folks,
I recently purchased and built the Bulbdial kit. Unfortunately after having used it for maybe an hour, the included switching power supply quit working. Using a VMM, I measured DC voltage in end of the power supply connect to be between 1.2V - 1.6V, whereas it's supposed to be 5 volts.

After having cannibalized the connector and having attached it to a replacement comparable current-capable 5 volt DC power supply, the clock is up and running again without issue.

Not sure where to go from here.. I don't need you guys to replace the power supply or anything, I have a pile of these lying around, but I thought you should know that these ones included with the kit might be... well, sub-par.

Thanks for listening!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Power Supplies for the Bulbdial Kit

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Thanks for letting us know. I will forward this to the Evil Mad Scientists at EMSL who supply us with these kits.

Lenore

Post by Lenore »

Sorry about the problem--that one must have snuck past our QA efforts. I'm glad you were able to come up with a solution, and we'd still be happy to replace it for you.
If you'd like one, please contact me here: http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/contact
Lenore
Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories

blentz

Post by blentz »

Just a follow-up for anyone who might find this thread in the future... the awesome people at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories sent me a replacement power supply at no charge whatsoever (not even shipping).

I am thoroughly impressed that these guys are willing to stand behind their products.

Give them your money! You will not be disappointed. :-)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”