Icetube date says 00-4-13 today

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
NorthStreetLabs

Icetube date says 00-4-13 today

Post by NorthStreetLabs »

Hey guys, great clock, I built mine last year after receiving it as a gift for christmas. been working great, but I noticed the date was wrong today, and upon further inspection I noticed there is a whole month for "00", somehow it relates to today the 4th of 00, as a tuesday. I simply changed the date an increment to "01" and then the date correctly corresponded to friday the 4th. Now, when I set the date beyond "12" it'll reset to "01" and never hits "00".

I am by far not complaining, I laughed pretty hard upon finding this glitch. But I am curious if this will happen again next year, if it's a code issue I wouldn't mind updating the code. Any ideas as to what caused it? And more confusing to me, how did it even correspond a different day to 00-04-13, considering this month doesn't even exist.

thanks for reading!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Icetube date says 00-4-13 today

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

What firmware are you using? Mine says "Friday, Jan 04".

NorthStreetLabs

Post by NorthStreetLabs »

Hey Driverblock,

Whatever firmware was shipped with the kit back in December 2011, I built it in january 2012 so I never saw this glitch last year.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The firmware hasn't changed since then, to my knowledge. How are you getting that display? When I press the '+' button, I get "Saturday, Jan 05". When I go into the menu to "Set Date", I get "01-05-13".

Hmmm … just had a quick look at the code. On startup, the month is not explicitly initialized to 1. If you built the thing in January, and didn't adjust the month from 0 when you first set it, then I think it would just go on happily from there, always 1 month behind.

But, I don't think it would wrap around back to 0 at the end of the year. I think that it would wrap back to January (i.e., '01') every Feb 1st.

JD3

Post by JD3 »

Maybe it's something with the Mayan calendar? :roll:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”