Ice tube clock ATmega 168 programming

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
russell 27

Ice tube clock ATmega 168 programming

Post by russell 27 »

Hi

Recently put together my Ice tube. Want to change flash a little. Being a PIC man I'm more familiar with assembly language and PIC configuration settings. Working on putting together what is needed, software and hardware wise for the ATmega. Could you give me a little heads up on what the configuration settings are for the fuses of the ATmega 168, for this project. Figured I'd start with a fresh chip for my changes.

Thanks

Russell

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Ice tube clock ATmega 168 programming

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Instructions for uploading firmware are here: http://learn.adafruit.com/ice-tube-clock-kit/mods
Fuse information should be included in the code repositories linked.

Note that some of the more ambitious hackers have outgrown the Atmega 168 and you will need a 328 to run their code.

jarchie

Post by jarchie »

To compile the Adafruit firmware on recent versions of avr-gcc, the code needs to be modified a bit. I've posed some advice in another thread which may be helpful. That advice is oriented toward compiling alternative firmware based on the original Adafruit code, but compiling the original code requires the same modifications.

russell 27

Post by russell 27 »

Thanks John I'll take a look. My experience is with PICs, and while not that different, some of the of chip setup is.

Russell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”