Ice Tube Clock Kit Guide

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lucgallant

Ice Tube Clock Kit Guide

Post by lucgallant »

Hi there,

just received my clock kit in the mail - very excited to put it together.

I came online to get a guide for it as none came in the box. Only thing is, and maybe I'm missing something, when I go to this link:

http://learn.adafruit.com/ice-tube-cloc ... d-assembly

I see that the first step says "Once you are sure you have done it right"... And some components already appear to be attached to the board. So I'm thinking something might have got left off the page by accident? I clicked the PDF link and there isn't any more data on that page.

Also seems the guide was only updated a few days ago so maybe that is tied to it.

Anyway, feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Luc

EDIT: Seems the guide is in a reverse order for part of it. Starting on page 41 is the beginning... Then, on page 42 seems to be the continuation of page 25. I think I'm good to start on this but definitely a step order problem.

russell 27

Re: Ice Tube Clock Kit Guide

Post by russell 27 »

Try the PDF

EDIT:
Sorry, I didn't notice that also had missing section.
Last edited by russell 27 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It looks like a chunk of the guide disappeared. I'll check into it.

phild13

Post by phild13 »

All of the instruction appears to be there it has just been ordered incorrectly for some reason.
I think the following is the correct order and should get the clock built correctly.

Until the page is fixed, you have to scroll down the page until you get to this part which is the actual beginning of the instructions:
Get ready by checking all your parts against the Bill of Materials (parts list). Once you are sure you have everything, prepare your workspace by heating up the soldering iron, wetting the sponge and arranging your tools and parts so they will be convenient.
The photo shows a blank board.
Work in reverse order back up the page from there all the way to the top.

Then go back down the page to the Q3 FET part:
Before the next step, check out your ZVP3306 MOSFET. There's two possible shapes. One shape has the text on the flat side of the FET. The other shape has the text on the round side.

The photo on the left shows it on the curved side.

If you're used to transistors with the text on the flat side, this can be a little confusing!
The photo shows the Q3 FET
Starting there, work to the bottom of the page and your done.

lucgallant

Post by lucgallant »

Thanks for the reply, I'd figured that out as well. I'm about half way through building it now... Let's hope the rest goes as well as it has so far. Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”