Manncorp 7700FV

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
blogger

Re: Manncorp 7700FV

Post by blogger »

There are only 3 posts mentioning Astrodyne in this entire forum and they're all answers to something that didn't seem to have an original post.
So what is it?

scsi

Post by scsi »

Just wondering, are you guys discussing power supplies specifically designed for powering steppers/servos or it's just some regular switching models? I've had quite a success with using special supply from Leadshine: http://www.leadshine.com/Show_Product.a ... ies&B_id=3 for the fast moving Z-axis. It was losing steps before and can move three times faster now with twice the acceleration when I switched to a proper PSU. Typically, the regular linear and unstabilized PSU is the best for motion control, but they are bulku and heavy.

-scsi

AdHoc

Post by AdHoc »

I briefly considered the 7700FV but the feeder options did not really match what I was after. In the end it came down to a choice between the 7722FV and the APS40EV. Both Manncorp and the local APS dealer were very helpful and keen for the sale. In the end I went with the APS machine but it could have gone either way. I admit that it was not just the PnP machine that was the decider but the whole package with feeders, stencil printer and reflow oven.

The gear should be showing up in late Aug. So I'll see how it goes.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

the L40 was a strong contender. we do agree that APS has other really good equipment - their miniovens are wikid cute

AdHoc

Post by AdHoc »

I finally got my LE40ev delivered, yay! It took longer than originally scheduled as part of the deal was that the local support got to borrow my machine for a trade show first ;-)

I've only done a few small boards so far, but as yet it has done very well. I've not tried importing the centroid data method as yet, but the teaching approach is pretty painless so it may be a while before I try it. Likewise the vision, so far I've just been using it for the auto-fiducial detection and leaving the mechanical centering turned on - works well so far but I'll be using the recognition software for making sure ICs are the correct way around and for some of the other non-passives.

It's a hefty chunk of steel so winching it up to my first floor workshop was 'interesting'.

So far I've just got a 12 slot tape bank feeder, which will handle all 8mm tapes, a 16mm feeder and a tube vibrator. There's also a cut tape 'slot''. Oddly ,the advise was to get a flat plate machined up to the correct height to be fixed to the main rails and just use double sided tape to hold cut strips and trays! So I'll give that a go soon.

pulsedpower

Post by pulsedpower »

I received the same advise about double sided taping the cut tape. Instead, I made a plate that fits into the Jedec tray holder and has a grid of 1.5mm spring pins (roll pins) pressed into it. I just push the tape onto the pins, no sticky tape needed. This also makes sure the cut tape is in the same place each time I replace it.
Picture of Jedec sized cut tape holder.
Picture of Jedec sized cut tape holder.
CIMG0287.jpg (298.12 KiB) Viewed 3602 times

mikeselectricstuff

Post by mikeselectricstuff »

How do plastic tapes take to that ? I'd imagine some creasing & distortion may be a problem.
Thin-film DS sticky works well, although I've occasionally found tapes with large-ish holes at the bottom of the component cavities where the sticky can hit the component, sticking it down - the key is to use the really thin tape, and make sure it goes down without creasing.

Richwest

Post by Richwest »

And i like the idea!! it's possible to find some other details on http://www.ladyada.net/wiki/mdcpickandplace/fiducials
Luck :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”