best value for small, slow automatic pick and place

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
heli_linus

Re: best value for small, slow automatic pick and place

Post by heli_linus »

Hi

for those who like to know, the M10V has actual two cameras, one in the bottom and one attached to the head.

The head camera is used for teaching in positions, fiducials, bad marks, finding parts in the bin feeder and so on whilest the bottom camera is used for centering the picked up parts. Parts which are to big to be ssen at once can be centered by the two diagonal corners, first, centering one corner, then the second.

Cheers
Linus

vincentp

Post by vincentp »

no flying vision / Laser for the M10V ?

did you have a demo of the paste dispenser if they have one ?

heli_linus

Post by heli_linus »

Hi

well somehow, the vision is flying. The most manufacturer call the laser vision "vision on the fly" but this is a replacement for the bottom vision and only good for small parts, only does work up to a certain size. So the systems with vision on the fly end up with two cameras, as M10V and a laser on top. Advantage is only speed, since it can position the part while moving.

If you ever need the placement speed gained there I am pretty sure you can afford to matching mashine, though ;)

Cheers
Linus

vincentp

Post by vincentp »

I was just asking because the 7722 has it and it does a terrific job with a single camera and no laser. Parts up to 2512 can be easily centered with no tweak,
bigger parts like CT7343 tantalum are placed with high consistency after adding placement offset manually in the part definition, essentially the angle (done once and forever). This way, on a 31 part design, I only have to place 5 parts with bottom vision (TQFP, QFN, SSOP). Speed ends being a concern after a while what ever the amount you produce :lol:

heli_linus

Post by heli_linus »

Hi

well, apaolgize on this, I must have completely missed this feature. So the flying top cam does look from the side to the part and does centering? Does it then spin the part aorund one time to get it right? In result looks quite similar to how laser centering works.

Cheers
Linus

vincentp

Post by vincentp »

top cam cannot be called "flying vision", it's just "top vision" for teaching and fiducial. FLying vision is an extra camera looking by the side (also called side vision). It's mounted on the gantry as well. It's indeed similar to how laser alignment works

heli_linus

Post by heli_linus »

Hi

can 7722 let you decide which path the head goes from pick-up to placement? Or is it allways the shortest line?

vincentp

Post by vincentp »

I don't think so, it's optimized by their control card, based on motor speed and acceleration you can tweak. If my guess is correct, your question relates to heavy / big parts. Pickup schemes exist in both part definition and PCB programming to avoid part slipling during pickup and proper placement by applying extra pressure to free the part (if needed).
MAchine has 2 set of params for speed, one for speedy placement (flying vision), the other one for parts checked with bottom vision. Each sets defines X & Y speeds + accel + stroke speed and rotation speed.

pcbamanufacurer

Post by pcbamanufacurer »

High QUALITY with Advanced PCB Technology using No.1 PCB Manufacturing Companies at the top of USA. Low Cost High Quality on 14+ years U.S. http://www.pcbamanufacturer.net/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”