Alphatronique "Phoenix" pick place doing PCB

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
alphatronique

Alphatronique "Phoenix" pick place doing PCB

Post by alphatronique »

Hi all

that was small PCB assembled by that my software /controller have make
i name it now "phoenix" for avoid confusion whit juki/zevatech trade mark

still have some minor issue to fix but it really on good track

for zevatech fan you may notice that machine place part whit 180 deg rotation
i use trick for this ,place part whit +90 on the vaccum test pad then pick it again whit +90 :mrgreen:

i have make a servo head modification for place par whit +/- 180 rotation in 0.1deg increment
but i not yet installed on that machine ,this explain unconnected wire on head :lol:

in that batch i have do 35 board whit ~95% yield most fail was due to missing part
since i not yet handle dropped part correctly

Best regard

Gleep

Re: Alphatronique "Phoenix" pick place doing PCB

Post by Gleep »

Hi Marc, I am part of a non-profit hackerspace called Null Space Labs in downtown Los Angeles. We recently purchased a Zevatech PM 360, and are interested in upgrading the electronics and software. We have followed your thread on Adafruit with great interest. What is the status of your project? Are the software and boards out of beta? If not we would be interested in participating in the beta program. If they are out of beta, how much do the board and software cost?

Thanks,

Gleep

alphatronique

Re: Alphatronique "Phoenix" pick place doing PCB

Post by alphatronique »

Hi Gleep

for now i stop beta test program since i found a issue that may damage the machine
if some one put system on whit no air and head bit was manually pull down (ok normally that never happen)
the machine will damage the head ,since software not monitor the head down sensor

so i need to handle the head-up sensor ,ok it only couple of simple c coding line
but now it lack of time , i need to pass commercial project first since it my money income :mrgreen:

i will try to put back more time on the project
after broke my machine whit above situation ,i got some frustration and have looked for buy new machine
but after 90 day i not able to find any suitable & reliable machine under 20K$ and that may pass on normal doorway
so i come back to idea that my phoenix was the best solution even if zevatech machine was quite old

as for phoenix kit when i will fit the sensor issue i will put it back available for something like 600$ to 800$
i have 10 kit that just need flash firmware on it for make it work

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”