Madell DP2006-2 Pick and Place opinions

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bcoggs

Madell DP2006-2 Pick and Place opinions

Post by bcoggs »

Does anyone have any opinions on this low-end pick and place ? I read another thread in this forum about an older Madell that was apparently a POS, so I am leary.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-Pick- ... 0746497753

TIA
..c

Djoshi

Re: Madell DP2006-2 Pick and Place opinions

Post by Djoshi »

I am thinking about getting one as well.

Have you got any futher information? All I got is what is on there website.

DJ

MattBGA

Post by MattBGA »

We purchased the SX-1010 a little over a year ago and were pleased with the machine. Many of the reviews we read seemed to expect a top end machine at low end prices. (Get real, that doesn't happen) For our companies purposes (LED lights) we found the machine to be straight forward and reliable. Additionally, they were quick to help meet our specific customization needs which included upgraded cameras, vibration feeder, nozzle changer, and upgraded feedback stepper motors. They did this all at a very affordable price. In our experience it is hard to find a comparable product at these kind of prices.

vincentp

Post by vincentp »

I'd be interested to hear the pricing of the machine with all those options & upgrades at the end ? That would be helpful for people looking for benchtop machines.

there are overall very few info about madell machines. When I contacted a so called "reseller" in France to ask for a demo he said no machine could be demoed here :lol: I really see this "distributor" working in a room of 5m2 with a phone, a computer and a bunch of colored fliers printed on glossy paper... :shock:

I also heard / read that the "vision" system was based on part screen caps (BMP files) and it was highly unreliable (ends working, pain to get it right and new problems as soon as you change a reel if it's not the same exact part ref / manufacturer).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”