Zevatech Low cost SMT machine for sale

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
frankee

Zevatech Low cost SMT machine for sale

Post by frankee »

Hi,

I was referred to this site by Marc of Alphatronique who I see was active in this form: this site looks great, I'm not sure why I haven't come by it before. I've been designing electronics since the early 1980's.

For the meantime, I have a Zevatech Place-Mat 460 SMT machine currently listed for sale on Ebay. I used this machine for about two years, it's fully operational. It was built in the 1980's, so it's definitely a trip down memory lane working with it. It runs on a DOS based computer with a proprietary ISA plug-in board, and the display is a CGA monitor. The operating program is, let's say ... a minimalist's dream. Like me, it's old but it does work. I created a snazzy new Window's based program that helps import/export the pick-and-place data from Excel, and that's listed on my FrankAboutElectronics blog.

The machine is far from perfect, it does require some hand touch-up after placing some components, but when setup and tuned into a board it is infinitely faster than placing by hand, I should know, I've built literally thousands of boards by hand of the years.

If you have a small business turning out a handful of different boards, with shared components, it's prefect: it would pretty-well eat through most of the boards I've seen listed on this site. There's a Youtube link referenced in the Ebay ad that you can check to see the speed of the machine. I no longer need the machine since I've hooked-up with a company having a number of large machines, and they are building the boards for me, and the machine is now just collecting dust (also makes a great coffee-cup holder).

If you have any questions, about this machine, or my experiences in running an electronics design/manufacturing business I would be most pleased to offer my opinion and experience. If you're interested in bidding on the machine ... go for it!

Regards,
Frank

mcstudio

Re: Zevatech Low cost SMT machine for sale

Post by mcstudio »

I tried to find it and failed help me out here

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”